The Silent Source is the story of a quest, an ancient inner journey that is both personal and historical. You will learn how an astounding discovery at a Zen Buddhist temple in Seoul, Korea sparks a lifelong quest into the wilderness of silence.
Silence holds many mysteries. For starters:
● What is silence, anyway? Where is it? How do you investigate something so nebulous?
● Why have humans sought out silence since the dawn of human consciousness?
● How have these inner explorers of silence gained access to the depths of silence?
● Why have investigators from virtually every cultural, spiritual, and religious tradition been drawn to explore the mystery of silence?
● Could we be in danger of losing our capacity for inner quiet?
In exploring these questions you may recognize more clearly your own unique quest. You may recognize how you are drawn to silence. Some of us will also recognize how we are already becoming the new vision of monks.
The story of The Silent Source is told in twelve chapters that include suggestions for practice and follow-up.